MIAMI TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES
NOVEMBER 6, 2017
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by President Spracklen. Trustees Crockett and Mucher were present. Fire Chief Altman, Road Department member Gochenouer, Zoning Inspector Zopf and Fiscal Officer Silliman were also present.
ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES
A MOTION by Mr. Mucher and SECONDED by Mr. Crockett was made to adopt the minutes of October 2nd as presented. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
A MOTION by Mr. Mucher and SECONDED by Mr. Crockett was made to adopt the minutes of October 16th as presented. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
A MOTION by Mr. Mucher and SECONDED by Mr. Crockett was made to adopt the minutes of October 31st as presented. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS
A MOTION by Mr. Crockett and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to pay accounts in the amount of $27,464.40: General Fund - $3,773.33; Fire Fund - $17,353.62; Cemetery - $57.20; EMS Billing - $3,583.55; Road and Bridge - $2,696.70. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
The Trustees received:
· Notice from Ohio EPA re: transfer of biosolids;
· Notice from Ohio BWC re: policy renewal and true-up reminder;
· League of Women Voter’s newsletter;
· OTA’s newsletter “Grassroots Clippings”;
· CareWorks quarterly claims report;
· E-Mail from MVRPC re:Board of Director’s meeting agenda;
· Introduction letter from Charles E. Harris & Associates, Inc.;
· AT&T service contract termination notice;
· E-Mails from GC Association re: 10/27 & 11/03 legislative alerts, request for suggestions for Fiscal Officers session;
· Greene County Public Health 11/2 meeting notice;
· E-Mail from ESC re: 11/1 meeting agenda and minutes;
· E-Mail from Clifton Mayor Bieri re: Clifton Cemetery;
· E-Mails from RPCC re: Thoroughfare Plan Update meeting; RPCC Budget, 2018 Per Capita dues notice, 10/24 meeting agenda;
· Public Notice from YS re: Public Hearing for conditional use request;
· E-Mails from USDA Kelly re: Pan and Spec review & $5.75 CF Loan, updated opinion letter;
· E-Mails from MSA Architects re: Revised PAR, site plans, ALTA Survey Completion;
· E-mails from Brad Ruwe re: request for waiver;
· E-Mails from Andrew Brossart and Auditor Graham re: Invoice and advance;
· E-mail from MSA Architects re: MEPT meeting;
· YS Senior Center newsletter;
· Inquiry re: location of person in Glen Forest Cemetery from the 1830’s;
· Fund Status, Revenue Status and Appropriation Status reports for 11/06/2017.
FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORT
Chief Altman reported there were 54 EMS and 14 Fire incidents since the last meeting. Eight fire safety inspections were conducted.
The Chief reported he will be attending the International Association of Fire Chiefs Volunteer & Combination Officer Conference beginning Wednesday for a week in Florida.
Volunteer Firefighter Dave Collins has resigned from MTFR. He has taken a new job in Michigan. He served for 10 years and will be missed.
Lastly, MTFR submitted a request to close the downtown portion of Xenia Avenue for this year’s New Years Eve celebration.
NEW FIREHOUSE REPORT
Mr. Mucher reported that the application to the USDA fir $5.75 million was approved. There was discussion held regarding when USDA funding will be available to the Township.
Mr. Gochenouer reported that he plans to pour bases in both cemeteries on Wednesday.
Mr. Mucher asked about the engraving of Donald Kalkis on the stone in the scattering garden. Mr. Gochenouer stated he will call Dodds.
Mr. Zopf reported that The Odd Fellows has received a generous anonymous donation towards the cost of renovating the canon on Glen Forest Cemetery.
Mr. Gochenouer reported he has two more Township roads to mow. There are two trees on Snively Road that need to be removed.
Lastly, he asked that he be permitted to take this coming Friday off in lieu of Veteran’s Day and the following Monday as a vacation day. The Trustees authorized the request.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT
A MOTION by Mr. Mucher and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to adopt RESOLUTION 2017-36: Amendment of Permanent Appropriations. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
ZONING INSPECTOR’S REPORT
Mr. Zopf reported there he issued a permit for one minor addition on Grinnell Circle.
Mr. Mucher reported that the possibility of creating a bike path connector from Clifton to YS along SR 343 has resurrected in the past 6 months. The Village of Clifton has offered $3,000 towards preliminary planning work for the project.
There being no further business to discuss, a MOTION by Mr. Mucher and SECONDED by Mr. Spracklen was made to ADJOURN. MOTION CARRIED unanimously. Time – 8:00 p.m.