MIAMI TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES
MARCH 16, 2020
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 pm. by Chairperson Mucher. Trustee Hollister was present. Fire Chief Altman and Fiscal Officer Silliman were also present.
Tecumseh Land Trust Director Krista Magaw was in attendance.
ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES
A MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to adopt the minutes of March 2nd as presented. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS
A MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to pay accounts in the amount of $58,953.33: General Fund – $1,452.94; Fire Fund – $17,086.70; Cemetery Fund – $159.32; EMS Billing – $7,784.91; Road and Bridge – $4,103.68; Capital Fund – $28,392.78. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
• Memo from Chief Altman & Asst. Chief Powell re: COVID-19;
• YSCDC meeting rescheduled to Friday March 13th;
• Information from Anthem BCBS re: renewal time;
• Note from Chief Altman & Asst. Chief Powell re: new fire station changes;
• March Ohio Twp. Associations Grassroots Clippings newsletter;
• Ohio Township News magazine;
• Message from Gov. DeWine to GC Health Commissioner;
• MVRPC Awards $16.7 million in Federal Transportation Funds;
• OPERS Board Report;
• Land Use Plan Update – Community Kick-Off Mtg postponed;
• RPCC Executive Committee meeting March 17th;
• GCTA March 10 meeting minutes;
• Fund Status, Revenue Status and Appropriation Status reports for March 16th, 2020.
FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORT
Chief Altman reported there were 34 EMS and 9 Fire incidents incidents since the last meeting.
The Chief submitted an informational Memo regarding what the Department is doing to keep staff safe and healthy during the COVID-19 issue.
At the recommendation of the Chief, a MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to adopt RESOLUTION 2020-14: Authorization the hiring volunteers. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
FROM THE FLOOR
TLT Director Krista Magaw presented a Resolution authorizing Miami Township’s participation in the Ohio Legal Easement Program. Mrs. Magaw explained that this particular Resolution will prevent development of private land along the Little Miami River in Greene County.
A MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to adopt RESOLUTION 2020-15: Ohio Legal Easement Program. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
In a similar effort, a MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to adopt RESOLUTION 2020-16: Support for The Clean Ohio Grant and The Little Miami Conservancy. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT
A MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to adopt RESOLUTION 2020-13: Amendment of Permanent Appropriations. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
There being no further business to discuss, Chairperson Mucher declared the meeting ADJOURNED. Time – 5:30 pm.