MIAMI TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES
JANUARY 23, 2019
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. by Chairperson Mucher. Trustees Crockett and Hollister were also present. Road Administrator Gochenouer was present.
ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES
The minutes of the January 7th meeting were not available at this time.
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS
A MOTION by Mr.Hollister and SECONDED by Mr.Crockett was made to pay accounts in the amount of $44,550.87: General Fund – $3,633.19; Fire Fund – $24,653.04; Cemetery Fund – $0; EMS Billing – $7,008.69; Road and Bridge – $9,255,95. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
The Trustees received:
* Regional Planning & Coordinating Commission January 15 and 22nd
* E-Mail re: MVRPC 2019-2020 Officers nominations;
* E-Mail re: YS Connector from Village Council President Housh;
* 20th Annual Local Government Officials Conference registration;
* ESC Retreat requested prework;
* Designated Community Improvement Corporation Jan. 29 meeting
* Letter from Township residents re: downed trees from adjacent property;
* “Save The Date” March 19 for 1890 Land-Grant Stakeholder Luncheon;
* Notice from County Auditor re: CAUV parcel;
* 2019 Community Development Block Grant application;
* OTARMA proposal for 2019 coverage;
* Grassroots Clippings newsletter;
* Premier Health Community Report;
* Notice from Bricker & Eckler;
* Agreement for street repair & snow removal with Village of Clifton;
* Collective Bidding Programs for 2019;
* Notice from County Recorder re: zoning maps and Resolution;
* Historic Archaeological Research information;
* Fund Status and Revenue Status for 1/23/19.
Chairperson Mucher suggested holding off on approving the OTARMA renewal due to Chief Altman consulting with the OTARMA appraiser on the values of some fire apparatus.
The Village of Clifton sent the annual contract for Miami Township to remove snow and do street repair as requested. A MOTION by Mr.Crockett and SECONDED by Mr.Hollister was made to adopt the said contract as presented. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORT
Chief Altman was not present. He left a memo stating there were 44 EMS and 20 fire incidents since the last meeting. The memo also provided a memo regarding the internal review requested by the Trustees regarding the recent citizen concern expressed at the January 7 meeting.
There was discussion regarding the use of Bath Township’s tanker and where it may be stored.
Mr.Gochenouer reported there was one full burial in Clifton since the last meeting. A full burial is scheduled for tomorrow in Glen Forest Cemetery.
ROAD DEPARTMENT REPORT
Mr.Gochenouer reported he examined the drainage issue on Glen Drive and discovered there was a collapsed drain pipe. He installed a new one, which should improve the situation.
He reminded the Trustees he is taking Friday off. His assistant Brandon Morris will cover if there is a need. He added his nephew has been “shadowing” him, which will fulfill a Career Center requirement.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT
A MOTION by Mr.Hollister and SECONDED by Mr.Crockett was made to adopt RESOLUTION 2019-05: Amendment of Temporary Appropriations. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS
RPCC – Mr.Mucher reported that the Annual Report was very well done.
YS Senior Center – Mr.Crockett reported that there was a Second Reading of a zoning change at the recent YS Village Council meeting. This change was related to the property that proposed construction of senior housing is being considered. Village Council unanimously passed the request.
Mr.Mucher stated that due to a recent change in the State’s ordinances, the Board of Trustees President is now to be addressed as Chairperson and Vice-Chair.
The change of the meeting schedule is pending due to input from Chief Altman and Fiscal Officer Silliman.
There being no further business to discuss, a MOTION by Mr.Crockett and SECONDED by Mr.Hollister was made to ADJOURN. MOTION CARRIED unanimously. Time – 7:44 p.m.