MIAMI TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES
MAY 20, 2019
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 pm. by Chairperson Mucher. Trustees Crockett and Hollister were also present. Fiscal Officer Silliman was present.
Audience members Marty Heide and Matthew McNelly were present.
ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES
A MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to adopt the minutes of April 24th. MOTION CARRIED 2-0-1 (Crockett abstained).
A MOTION by Mr. Crockett and SECONDED by Mr. Hollister was made to adopt the minutes of May 6th. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS
A MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Crockett was made to pay accounts in the amount of $41,367.50: General Fund – $7,783.78; Fire Fund – $16,215.28; Cemetery – $561.68; EMS Billing – $11,251.17; Road and Bridge – $2,845.31; Capital Fund – $2,710.28 excluding the Ehman’s bill which is under consideration. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
FROM THE FLOOR
Marty Heide, liaison for Congressman Mike Turner’s office, shared recent information about a new driver’s license law for the State of Ohio.
The Trustees received:
• Ohio Township News magazine;
• RPCC Executive Committee Meeting scheduled Tuesday 5/21;
• MTFR Conference Call minutes 5/8 and 5/15/19;
• Allied Construction Industries RFQ (CMR/Agent) information request;
• Artist rendering of YS Kids Playhouse trailer;
• OTA’s May 17 Legislative Alert;
• Greene County road closures information;
• Bob Geyer Retirement Celebration Open House;
• Ohio EPA Citizen Advisory re: Class B biosolids ponds construction;
• Copies of letters dated April 8th and May 10th from Zoning Inspector Zopf re:Agraria property;
• Invitation to information sharing meeting re: solar farms;
• Clifton Union Cemetery 2017-18 Basic Audit report;
• Ohio Cemetery Association’s newsletter;
• ICMA national survey research;
• Apple Farm Service, Inc. Local Gov’t. Appreciation Days;
• Fund Status, Revenue Status and Appropriation Status for 5/20/19.
FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORT
The Trustees briefly discussed the timing for submission of the application to renew the fire levy. They agreed to put the issue on the March 2020 ballot and to file in December, 2019.
NEW FIREHOUSE REPORT
Mr. Mucher reported that there was a conference call last Wednesday. Several changes are being discussed to reduce the cost of the building.
Mr. Gochenouer stated there was one ashes internment since the last meeting. Clifton Cemetery will be mowed in time for Memorial Day weekend.
ROAD DEPARTMENT REPORT
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT
Ms. Silliman stated that the total amount of 2019’s revenues expected for the Fire Fund were reduced by $60,000 due to an error made at the beginning of the year.
STANDING COMMITTEE REPORTS
Grinnell Mill – Mr. Mucher stated the roof needs to be re-coated.
YS Senior Center – Mr. Crockett reported the senior housing project was denied in the grant process despite the good rating. They will re-apply in the next round.
No other reports were submitted.
There being no further business to discuss, a MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Crockett was made to Adjourn. MOTION CARRIED unanimously. Time – 6:00 pm.