MIAMI TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES
AUGUST 5, 2019
CALL TO ORDER
The meeting was called to order at 5:00 pm. by Chairperson Mucher. Trustee Hollister was also present. Fire Chief Altman, Road Department employee Gochenouer, Zoning Inspector Zopf and Fiscal Officer Silliman was also present.
ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES
The adoption of the minutes of the July 17th meeting are postponed due to the absence of Mr. Crockett at this meeting.
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS
A MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to pay accounts in the amount of $82,640.60: General Fund – $4,736.65; Fire Fund – $28,515.65; Cemetery Fund – $770.35; EMS Billing – $19,017.53; Road and Bridge – $7,914.38; Capital Project – $21,686.14. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
The Trustees received:
• Medical Expenditure Panel Survey;
• League of Women Voters newsletter;
• Greene County Council on Aging newsletter;
• Loan Application Disclosures from WesBanco;
• Notice from Regional Planning & Coordinating Commission re: Subdivisions and Number of Access Points;
• Cemetery & Cremation magazine;
• Twp. Zoning Commission minutes of June 18 meeting;
• Request from YS News re: Guide to YS entry changes;
• OTA’s newsletter;
• Notice from County Auditor re: application for tax exemption;
• Notice from Ohio Department of Taxation re: tax exemption request;
• Materials for MVRPC’s Board of Directors August 1 meeting;
• SAM Registrations renewal process;
• Ohio EPA Citizen Advisory;
• Builder’s Risk Insurance application request for additional information;
• Certificate YS Community Development Corporation;
• Fund Status, Revenue Status and Appropriation Status reports for 8/5/19.
FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORT
Chief Altman reported there were 65 EMS and 21 fire incidents since the last meeting. Five fire safety inspections were conducted.
Chief Altman also reported the good news that Tony Cascio and Georgia Goad are now new EMTs and Alex Wendt passed his paramedic test.
A MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to adopt RESOLUTION 2019-25: Authorizing the re-classification of Georgia Goad to part-time. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
Lastly, the Annual Clifton/MTFR Ice Cream Social is scheduled for August 6th.
NEW FIRE HOUSE REPORT
Mr. Mucher reported that all the advertisements for bids have expired. The pre-bid meeting was very well attended. The bid opening is scheduled for August 21st at 1 pm.
Mr. Gochenouer reported there were 2 burials since the last meeting. Clifton Cemetery’s road is ready to be chip-sealed.
ROAD DEPARTMENT REPORT
Mr. Gochenouer reported that wedging of the roads has been completed as of today. He will be applying cold patch to potholes tomorrow. Chip sealing is next on the list.
Mr. Gochenouer asked to take Friday off. The Trustees authorized the request.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT
Following brief discussion, a MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to adopt RESOLUTION 2019-26: Adoption of the 2020 Tax Budget. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
ZONING INSPECTOR’S REPORT
Mr. Zopf reported that there has been no permit activity since his last report. He stated the Zoning Commission is continuing to gather information regarding PUD’s. They would like to have a working session with the Trustees on the subject. It was tentatively scheduled that the Trustees will attend the September Zoning Commission meeting for the aforementioned purpose.
There being no further business to discuss, a MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to ADJOURN. MOTION CARRIED unanimously. Time – 5:45 pm.