MIAMI TOWNSHIP TRUSTEES
APRIL 6, 2020
CALL TO ORDER
The virtual meeting was called to order at 5:00 pm. by Chairperson Mucher. Trustee Hollister was present. Fire Chief Altman, Road Department employee Dan Gochenouer, Zoning Inspector Zopf and Fiscal Officer Silliman were also present.
YS News reporter Carol Simons was in attendance.
ADOPTION OF THE MINUTES
A MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to adopt the minutes of March 16th as amended. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
PAYMENT OF ACCOUNTS
A MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to pay accounts in the amount of $695,250.58: General Fund – $,932.25; Fire Fund – $21,198.46; Cemetery Fund – $708.67; EMS Billing – $10,322.13; Road and Bridge – $ 3,774.84; Capital Fund: $654,314.23. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
The Trustees received:
• OTA’s Grassroots Clippings newsletter;
• RPCC announces closure indefinitely;
• E-Mail from YSDC re: counter-offer;
• Request for map of Glen Forest Cemetery;
• Notice from USDA re: future meetings held via phone conference;
• Notice of cancellation of County Engineer’s Annual Spring Dinner;
• Notice of cancellation of MVRPC’s Annual Spring Dinner; and COVID update;
• Notice from Greene County Prosecuting Attorney’s office re: meetings held via Face Time, phone or skype;
• Memos from Chief Altman dated 3/13, 3/16 and 3/27 re: COVID-19 procedures;
• OTA March 20th Legislative Alert;
• E-Mail from Mr.Mucher re: teleconferencing future Twp. meetings;
• Message from GC Health Commissioner re: COVID 19 response;
• E-Mails re: What 3 Townships are doing to combat COVID-19;
• E-Mail from GC Prosecutor’s Office re: Family First COVID 19 Response Act;
• BWC defers payments announcement;
• Greene County Public Health April 2 meeting to be held via computer, tablet or smart phone;
• YS Tree Committee Newsletter 2020;
• Notice from Department of Commerce re: Liquor Permit objections;
• Notice from Ohio Auditor of State re: Establishment of Local Government Audit Support Fund;
• Fund Status and Revenue Status reports for April 6, 2020.
FIRE DEPARTMENT REPORT
Chief Altman presented his regularly submitted Memo which reported there were 41 EMS and 6 Fire incidents since the last meeting.
Chief Altman and Assistant Chief Powell have regularly participated in conference calls with Greene County Fire Chiefs, Greene County EMA & Public Health and the Ohio Fire Chiefs Association. Assistant Chief Powell is in regular contact with our Medical Directors. He added he participates in a weekly call with the Director of the Department of Public Safety & the State Fire Marshall and have been an active participant in the Village/Township Virtual Town Halls.
At the recommendation of the Chief, a MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to authorize RESOLUTION 2020-18: APPOINT Jason Paoletti to full-time status. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
A MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to appoint Wesley Moss as a volunteer. MOTION CARRIED unanimously.
NEW FIREHOUSE REPORT
Mr. Mucher reported the roof trusses are due to be delivered soon.
Mr. Gochenouer reported there were 2 burials since the last meeting; one full and one ashes. He stated a full burial is scheduled for the 9th.
A MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by was made to adopt the Government Care Act which authorizes 80 hours of sick time to be used as regular pay for the road employee.
FISCAL OFFICER’S REPORT
A MOTION by Mr. Hollister and SECONDED by Mr. Mucher was made to adopt RESOLUTION 2020-19: Amendment of Permanent Appropriations.
ZONING INSPECTOR’S REPORT
Mr. Zopf stated he did not have any Zoning Commission news but informed the Trustees that he has agreed to be the contact person for anyone in his neighborhood who needs help. This coordination is present throughout the Village in response to the COVID-19 situation.
Mr. Mucher asked if there is a formal agreement associated with this effort. Mr. Zopf stated no. Mr. Mucher added he feels it is a good project and is helpful to many people.
Mr. Hollister expressed concern that the virus may have a long term impact on the Township’s revenues. Mr. Mucher stated he felt the revenue source that my be affected is the Gas Tax but, fortunately, that particular revenue source is currently well supported.
The Trustees discussed how to handle a scheduled phone call regarding Real Estate in Executive Session.
That being said, a MOTION by Mr. Mucher and SECONDED by Mr. Hollister was made to move into Executive Session to discuss matters of Real Estate. MOTION CARRIED unanimously. Time – 5:57 pm.
There being no action taken at this time with regards to matters of Real Estate, the Trustees Agreed to Adjourn MOTION CARRIED unanimously. Time –
There being no further business to discuss, the Trustees Adjourned. Time –